August 20, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Knitting and Sewing

Happy WIP Wednesday everyone! How's your week so far?

 
I have been knitting, trying to finish my first YoP project little knitted gift bag. I decided to change colors in between which required a bit of improvising since I forgot how to do that, but I think it went okay. I only need to make the drawstring and maybe put some embellishments on the baggy. And I started a second one!

 
This time I'm starting with the other color, and I've knitted 10rows on top instead of 12rows before the ribbing. I'm now at the eyelet/yarnover round and I'll be watching some more youtube video's about it, because I think I did something wrong there on the first baggy. (I'm not sure how to close the eyelet holes properly)
 
Ps. when I got on Ravelry just now, I saw this Pyramid Pouch and thought it was so cute!
 
 
I also had my first sewing class today! It was so much fun, I can't wait 'till next week! I felt I learned a lot and I'm so free to do and make whatever I want! For my first project, I decided to make a blouse/tunic inspired by one of my favourite tops. Here's my progress so far:
 
 
I've already copied the pattern, and sewn out the sleeves, back and front. The only thing missing is the collar. I'm really excited! Also, I'm a bit apprehensive as I kind of feel a new stash addiction coming on.. This time of fabrics instead of yarn.. .. Eh, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!
 
'Till soon macaroon!

3 comments :

  1. Oi, you're so cute. I like those two shades of pink together. That is such a cute pouch. I'm jealous you're taking sewing classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kepanie, and uhm.. I'm jealous of your knitting skills :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your progress with the top - and I speak from experience when I say that fabric addiction is every bit as bad as yarn addiction. My fabric stash is just as huge as my yarn and fiber stash... ;) Oh, and I like the look of the gift bag - very cute!

    ReplyDelete