August 3, 2014

To YoP or not to YoP

Hi everyone!

"To YoP or not to YoP" that is the question. I know I really want to join year 4, and I was planning to, but for the last couple of weeks I've been having a bit of a setback with regards to my right hand/wrist. Yep, that's my crochet wrist. The days after I've been crocheting, my wrist feels achy and painful. (very sad face!) So I haven't been able to crochet very much..


So that's the reason I haven't joined in again..

Should I enter YoP4? If so, should I make a list with only knitting projects? I would love to boost my knitting skills, but won't I strain my wrist in the same way as with crochet?

I would love some feedback on my dilemma! I would also like to remind everyone: do your wrist exercises! Find a link to some useful tips here!

8 comments :

  1. I suppose the question is whether your going to be crocheting off and on with your wrist, you can get supports to help it. If you are and you enjoy yoping then you could always have a more open list. I find when my wrist get's tired from crochet it doesn't hurt in the same way as from knitting, crochet is more wrist turning for me than knitting. You could try a small tentative list and see how you go, nobody will hold you to it either way, I hope the wrist feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth for your feedback, I think it's smart to have a more open list! If I decide to join, that'll definitely be the way to go! :)

      Delete
  2. Could you set up a 'learn to knit' type list for yourself? Say conquer 4 to 6 small, easy projects in one year? Just to keep you active?
    And to echo what Rith said... There are supports and things for your wrist... Those I think would help with the pain etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of doing that indeed! It'll be fun to improve my knitting skills!

      Delete
  3. Oh no. :0( I'm sorry your wrist is hurting. Do you have crafting gloves? I usually use them when I crochet. A snug fit is best. You can join in any time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kepanie. I've never heard of crafting gloves, I'll definitely have a look!

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm sorry about your wrist. I think you should YOP if you enjoy it, but to echo everyone else, have a small open list which could be added to or put on hold if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should just join and have a small list (mine is not a big list as this is my first year and didn't want to bite off more than I could chew!) I think a learn to knit list like Christine said is a great idea x

    ReplyDelete